The Bosnia international is free to leave the Etihad Stadium this summer but will not be permitted to go to a domestic rival, while Nani is still not yet ready to return to action
MANCHESTER CITY BLOCK DZEKO PREMIER LEAGUE MOVE
Manchester City have told Edin Dzeko he will not be allowed to quit the club this summer for a Premier League rival.
The striker will have a year remaining on his contract this summer and there are no talks currently planned over an extension.
Goal revealed earlier this week that the Bosnia international has been told he will be free to leave at the end of the season but he will not be permitted to move to one of his Premier League suitors.
The likes of Arsenal and Spurs have been long-term admirers of the 27-year-old, but City will not entertain letting him move on to a domestic rivals.
Dzeko was the subject of an inquiry from Tottenham last December, while Arsenal have also been keen in the past, but the player made an agreement with City chiefs that he would not consider a move until the summer.
City are demanding £15 million for Dzeko, who scored his first Premier League goal since January in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Hull, and the likes of Borussia Dortmund, the two Milan clubs and Valencia have all stated an interest.
MANCHESTER UNITED HAVE NO DATE ON NANI RETURN
Manchester United are refusing to put a comeback date for Portuguese winger Nani.
The player has been sidelined with a hamstring problem since the end of December and was expected to return in February.
Nani has now returned to training at Manchester United although the club still say they cannot put a date on his return to first-team action.
Nani, who has been the subject of interest from Italian champions Juventus, is surplus to requirements this summer and can move on for £12m.